Monday, September 19, 2005


If you've never read this, I suggest you read it ASAP. In Cold Blood is absolutely the most compelling book I've ever read and it's nearly impossible to put down. I finished it in one weekend. A total stunner. I don't know why but last week it just sort of popped into my head that I needed to read it. The genius of this book really can't be conveyed adequately on the ol' lunchblog. I'll quote "Reading Rainbow" and simply add "But don't take my word for it!". Read it. Immediately.

Not much else to report. I'm about to start reading Under the Banner of Heaven by John Krakauer (who also wrote Into the Wild) and eventually The Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. I have sort of abandoned Dream Brother - the lives & music of Jeff & Tim Buckley temporarily and made a run at finally reading I Served the King of England by Bohumil Hrabal but got sidetracked.


This post was a barrel of laughs.

Those seeking humor should read the comments on my last post.

8 Comments:

Blogger tjk said...

I'm finishing 1776 tonight and I'm picking up this one tomorrow morning. I'm making the leap from non-fiction to creative non-fiction. My mind will likely be blown.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Graham Smith said...

"The King of England Got Served" is a pretty ill book. As is "Banner of Heaven." Good timing on the Capote book cuz as there's a biopic or movie version or some'in coming out soon.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Sleep Out said...

Timmy Kinzel's in the house! Gorahm Smaythe's in the house!

8:43 AM  
Blogger stv slv said...

your spelling is akin to your corking

11:00 AM  
Blogger nat the brat said...

there's a movie coming out this fall about capote, starring everyone's favorite sadman, philip seymore hoffman.

11:56 AM  
Blogger mike downey said...

i'm inbetween books, and have been waiting for something to fall in my lap (or to cork me when i wasn't looking) and this just did. thanks quinn.

12:44 PM  
Blogger The Metaphysician said...

You might consider reading Helter Skelter. Not quite as good, but another true crime classic, and the first long book I ever read by choice (I was a sick lil kid).

8:10 AM  
Blogger plastic passion said...

ranch!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home