Friday, July 29, 2005

HOLY CRAP FACTOR = 10

SO last night AO, Nate O, Lydia (AO's work buddy from Spain) and I went to the Green Mill for a couple drinks. I was in the middle of telling Nate how awesome the Teenage Fanclub show was and how much I like them and literally, as I'm telling him this they come filing through the door right in front of me. It was totally surreal. I promised not to make a dork out of myself but I had to say something to Gerry Love because he is the shit and write the best Teenage Fanclub songs. So, after about a half an hour or so of them standing right next to our booth, I got up and ordered some drinks and turned to Gerry Love:
Ol' Fuss: I'm really sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to tell you that you are one of my favorite song writers ever. You guys were great at the Double Door last night and the new album is really, really great.
Gerry Love: Really? Wow. Thanks!
Ol' Fuss: I just wanted to tell you that. I'll leave you alone now.
Gerry Love: Haha...Okay...Thanks!!

Let's just put this all together now...yesterday I got a new job and fucking met Gerry Love. Ol' Fuss is on a hot streak!!!!

(pictured above - Gerard Love)

2 Comments:

Blogger plastic passion said...

Congrats, Quinn!

5:02 PM  
Blogger petecroke.com said...

man, that was kinda like the time i met todd trainer at underbar, only you seemed to handle your encounter with a bit more grace than i did. it was kinda embarassing when i had to wipe the proverbial cream off my jeans right in front him.

dirty pants!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home