Wednesday, April 06, 2005


(pic courtesy of this site.)
Today's LUNCHBLOG took place at Graceland Cemetery. Although I've lived in Chicago for a while now, I hadn't really investigated this place. It's quite inspiring and the monuments are absolutely beautiful. I happened upon a burial taking place...no family members were present...just some caretakers using a winch to lower the casket into the ground. Nearly every historic Chicagoan is buried at Graceland...and they don't eat much...and they're really quiet. The perfect lunch date. As the sky was growing more overcast I decided to head back to the Dojo so as not to be pursued by the statue of Inez Clarke, said to disappear from its resting place during thunderstorms.

3 Comments:

Blogger petecroke.com said...

fuss goes goth for lunch!

5:43 PM  
Blogger LIAM!! said...

I'm glad that someone else appreciates this cemetary. Me, I love cemetaries and graveyards. It's like living (dead) history......anytime Ol' Fuss wants to have a graveyard lunch, you just give me a ring.

6:46 PM  
Blogger MC High Life said...

All hail the return of LUNCHBLOG! Long have we sat in the darkness awaiting the triumphant return! Let's not try to recall who drank a beer in who's car or who was more obnoxious. The important thing is that LUNCHBLOG and I got to talk. We talked of memories and whispers of events long ago and things yet to pass. Bright seems our future and bold seems our journey. Call me, darling, for I request, nay, demand to hear your siren song.

Liam posts at 4:46? I smell a fish.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home